OUR BELIEFS

Son of God Who Was Made Very Man

The Son, who is the Word of the Father, the very and eternal God, of one substance with the Father took man’s nature in the womb of the blessed Virgin; so that two whole and perfect natures – that is to say the God-head and manhood were joined together in one person never to divided, whereof is one Christ very God and very man, who truly suffered, was crucified, dead and buried, to reconcile His Father to us and to be a sacrifice, not only for original guild, but also actual sins of men.

Resurrection of Christ

Christ did truly rise again from the dead, and took again His body, with all things appertaining to the perfection of man’s nature, where with He ascended into heaven, and there sitteth until He returns to judge all men at the last day.

Baptism

Baptism is not only a sign of profession and mark of difference, whereby Christians are distinguished from others that are not baptized; but it is also a sign of regeneration, or the new birth.  The baptism of young children is to be retained in the Church.

CHURCH HISTORY

Warren Chapel CME Church has an extensive rich history embedded in the beautiful city of San Pedro. Our humble beginnings started in the residence of the late Bro. Will Warren in 1945.  Consistently involved in ministry throughout the community, the church was blessed to purchase two lots of land.  It was under the late Rev. W.M. Buck that God would, in His Divine guidance and grace, allow us to relocate to a little white church on 3rd and Palos Verdes.  Our relocation was made possible by the efforts of the late Bro Sam Flood and McNerney’s Mortuary.  The members voted to honor Bro. Warren by naming the church after him, as he allowed charter members to worship in his home, so the church was named Warren Chapel.

In 1968, Rev. U.L. Butts was assigned pastor, under his leadership and guidance in 1974, we were blessed to move to our current location 1039 W. Elberon Avenue.  Through the years God have been faithful to the Warren Chapel Church family with many great pastors who have been instrumental in the growth and history of our church.  By this we acknowledge, “We’ve Come This Far by Faith.”